Wednesday, April 20, 2011

My Response to Life, and why it sucks.: In Terry Jones Vs Islamic Extremists

When you can't add comment, add the link :)
http://www.scornfulprose.blogspot.com/

Life, and why it sucks.: In Terry Jones VS Islamic extremists; I side with Terry. , says this 21 yr old, who calls herself by infidel, and says she is "a troubled psychology student". Here, here, I can't argue with that; she probably knows herself better than I do (or not..) I think she's just immature. I tried to tell her to grow up, but she doesn't want to get advice from someone with maturity.

40,000 Indonesians demonstrate, it's freedom of speech; they get freedom of speech, just like anyone else
as long as their government allows..I'm all for that. I don't care if you're gay or feminist, you can talk or protest, or demonstrate, if you live in a free country.

Indonesia is the most populous Muslim majority country on the planet, so what if 40,000 people march?
What's the problem...I'm thinking, this young woman is like so many, who only wants freedom of speech for herself (so she can "rant" or "rave" about her vagina, and her infections, as she has done in one of her blogs)
How will that improve the world, I want to ask... because she says that that is what she really cares about...constructive?

I had a decent comment to add to some other comments. I noticed that some other well said comments, like one from an obviously  kind of Christian guy, which was much fairer than many of the things she wrote, was removed.

Overall she comes off sounding self-centred, a pretender, and basically isn't being totally upfront; typical "infidel". Listen, you can sprinkle your blogs with some nice sounding sentences, on the surface, you'll maybe look okay, but I think underneath, you just want to vent your frustration at people who you feel don't deserve the rights that you claim you want for everyone (she's really "against injustice in society").

I noticed some slight changes to her blog, too. For one thing, she added (unless I missed it the first couple of times) a remark about women rape victims being harmed by a society, the people who believe that women who wear revealing clothing deserve to be attacked: a dliberate attempt by her to steer the conversation away from some of what she said. When people added comment they were about the issue of many Indonesians'call for a blasphemy law, and the 40,000 strong demonstration for that (they want the law to have blasphemers beheaded). Women's dress was not even mentionned, nor how some people (who is she suggesting?) certain men, or a group might excuse rape by blaming the victim.
















5 comments:

  1. For one who wants an 'intelligent chain of comments', you sure resort to a lot of retarded ad hominems.

    1. My comment about 40,000 protestors was not related to Indonesia, it was related to Pakistan. Please brush up on your current affairs.

    2. No comments from my blog are ever removed. Comments are moderated by me, so if a particular comment is overly abusive, it is not added to the post at all. Which makes me wonder how you know anything about any 'christian' who may have commented in the first place.

    3. You did miss it the first couple of times. Nothing was added in this particular post. The analogy I made about the rape victims has obviously gone over your head. It was not a comment about anything that actually happened in this instance, it was simply a comparison.

    I notice you've made no real argument defending your position. All you've said is your opinion of me, of my writing, and a misinterpretation of my references.

    What 'intelligent argument' were you hoping to gain from this?

    ReplyDelete
  2. For one who wants an 'intelligent chain of comments', you sure resort to a lot of retarded ad hominems.

    1. My comment about 40,000 protestors was not related to Indonesia, it was related to Pakistan. Please brush up on your current affairs.

    2. No comments from my blog are ever removed. Comments are moderated by me, so if a particular comment is overly abusive, it is not added to the post at all. Which makes me wonder how you know anything about any 'christian' who may have commented in the first place.

    3. You did miss it the first couple of times. Nothing was added in this particular post. The analogy I made about the rape victims has obviously gone over your head. It was not a comment about anything that actually happened in this instance, it was simply a comparison.

    I notice you've made no real argument defending your position. All you've said is your opinion of me, of my writing, and a misinterpretation of my references.

    What 'intelligent argument' were you hoping to gain from this?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really? You're not going to publish my comment? After specifically asking me to look at your blog and respond?

    Really?

    ReplyDelete
  4. heh heh, nor are you the centre of my Universe, Infidel

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you’re missing the big picture; If the Muslims in question are from planet Xartog, they still have the right to free speech. Unlike you, I’m more interested in the big picture. How you manage your blog is not the issue; as I’ve already said, you have the right to delete, or manage comments. I never said otherwise. I was the one that commented first on your blog, got deleted, or whatever, and then we started exchanging emails. Today was a busy day… I don’t live in your time zone, and didn’t even open my Gmail account for 2 or 3 days. Last night I had been to my blog briefly. I don't work for you. Your name calling is immature and not getting you anywhere, I can laugh last, if I want to. I can ignore you and you can continue to cry about it, if that’s what you want to do. I don’t have to respond to you anymore, in public or otherwise. I said I’d respond with a blog post when I have time, (but IF I want to) You sent another email, again calling me names, accusing me of cowardice (ya, right). My advice to you now is to “move on”.
    I’m all for free speech and freedom to demonstrate, whether one is living in the north or the south. But I’m not for throwing over a stable government, without stopping to pause. I’m not for taking the law into one’s own hands, or anything illegal. I’m not for vigilantism.
    After that blog, I can see why you might be angry because of the way I said some things. But that’s what writers call “artistic license” If you don’t like it, you can choose to not visit this blog again.

    ReplyDelete