Monday, April 11, 2011

Others are always stupid, and not funny

Lessons on Day two -

Oh please.. I am only writing this because I am up before ten this morning and had a pretty late night (last night)...then I wake up and think I'll edit my profile page, only...

I decided to do some reading other ppl's blogs (just a little). It happens that the first one I read sets me thinking again (as often people on the net do) about why ppl can be so self-centred? You are writing a blog; shouldn't it be beneficial to whoever might read it (in a perfect world)? But we live with stuff like this daily..the self-centred young women (21! how much has she yet not experienced? You know, you may end up falling in love and marrying a Muslim someday..you wouldn't be the first! )



REGRETS; ever say something and wish you hadn't? We ALL have and then swore we wouldn't do it again. But that's life. Of course, I easily concure the main point of what the young woman was saying (but with a little editing), that SOME muslims overreact (may or may not be an understatement depending on each individual  Muslim's reaction ) to provocations. By the way, you know when you have a bad hair day, or PMS? Well, Muslims have days like that, too. Sometimes, a person just has had enough irritation for one day, or an entire bad week, and your comment, Qur'an burning frenzy, or whatever is the last straw; it's human nature ( Muslims for the most part, knowing them as I do now, are mostly rational, intelligent human beings) to make quick judgements, rude gestures, or even 'freak out' occasionally. Not everyone is a pillar of calm strength, or perfection. Sometimes rational and intelligent Muslims also say incoherent, ridiculous, or inflammatory hateful things because they are caught off guard. It doesn't make a bad person, only a regretful -about -that- one- moment person.



Think, it's not the very guarded, or experienced people that get all the media attention. It's not the person who has "thought it through" and then didn't 'act out', or the person who was too embarrassed to say anything about his stupid friends' comment to somebody, that get's noticed. Extremists are a different issue altogether. But why blog about them, only?



I don't like ppl saying, "I hate this and I hate that", either. It's not constructive criticism. If you want to change the world, better everyone's experience on the planet, then think of more creative ways to express what you TRULY feel.



Any regrets, yet?

2 comments:

  1. Try waking up before 7 AM, and I guarantee that you will have better day anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't worry about me, I have kids, there' no sleeping in for me most days :)

    ReplyDelete